Monday, February 12, 2007

Time of our life

As a 34 year old singaporean, many people say that this is the time of our life, I realised that in the last 3-4 years I experienced (in order of rate of occurence)

1) Weddings(friends/relatives) = 10 per year
2) Birth of a child (Friends/relatives) = 3-4 per year
3) Friends parents passing away = 1-2 per year
4) Friends divorcing = 1 per year

I just occurred to me this morning, that the trend will change soon.... and it will be very likely that the above order will be reversed. What it means to me is that i will be doing more counselling, comforting people, providing a shoulder to cry on more than standing on a stage shouting "YAM SENG".

While i am quite tired of waking up in ungodly hours to dress up in a suit to bang on a metal gate and drinking a croacroach to help my friend "win" the bride. I certianly perfer doing stuff like this than attending funeral wakes or counselling my friends when they breakup.

But these day, we can't really pick and choose which friends to have and what could happen to them......

I am only thankful that i have been a part of many of my friends life as they are going through the these events.

It;s a lovely day! Let's enjoy it while it last!

Cheers

FATA

No comments: