Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Leap

Leap
–verb (used without object)
1. to spring through the air from one point or position to another; jump: to leap over a ditch.
2. to move or act quickly or suddenly: to leap aside; She leaped at the opportunity.
3. to pass, come, rise, etc., as if with a jump: to leap to a conclusion; an idea that immediately leaped to mind.
-idioms
leap in the dark.
1. leap of faith, an act or instance of accepting or trusting in something that cannot readily be seen or proved
.



Today I took a leap.

After much procrastination, self doubt and contemplation, I have done it. I traded the security of a steady job with the opportunity of making my life story a little more interesting.

What is life going to be in 30 days? come April, i would not need to report to work at 9am, i can plan my own time, pay my own salary and make my own decision on how i want to run my company. For some people this may be the most scariest thing but i beg to defer, i think this is a privilege. A privilege given to me by

1) My Boss - that he assure me that i am doing the right thing and that the path can only be walked by one alone in order to understand the meaning of the struggle
2) My wife - that she allow me to spin in seemingly aimless orbit and sometimes biting more than i can chew. She is the center of my world, my constant and my source of hope and dreams.
3) My friends - they have given me the courage so that i may jump knowing that no matter where or how i land, they would be the same old pals who's got my back in good times and bad.

So thank you all for the previlage and I hope in 10 years time when i look back at this blog entry, it would prove that the efforts was well worth it!

2 comments:

weishan said...

i'll always be here supportive of u, dearest kor....

pea said...

fwah! inspirational....i also want to cut short the current tunnel...waiting for my ah-ha moment to happen.